Why This Study?
We all understand how important communication is: in whatever setting you find yourself, it’s often critical to influence others. However, as we also know from sad, personal experience, most communication just isn’t that effective. Few people communicate as well as they like.
Traditional solutions to the communications dilemma are ineffective largely because their focus is trivial. You can study eye contact and body language as much as you like, but that’s not why communication fails. When a speaker dumps 100 PowerPoint slides on you, their eye contact is the last thing you’re complaining about!
The Oratium E-learning Experience is an enjoyable and highly engaging individual or group e-learning experience. It’s self-guided, and self-paced, so you can choose when and where you want to study the videos and accompanying workbook, and the 9 stimulating lessons can be completed in approximately 4.5 hours. Optional deeper supplementary reading is also available through The Compelling Communicator book.
We are delighted both by the extraordinarily positive feedback students have given on the e-learning experience and the degree of transformation they report. To learn more, watch the brief overview video by Tim Pollard (Oratium’s CEO and the instructor for the e-learning course) and the sample teaching video.
Who is it for?
This training will help anyone looking to communicate more effectively, including…
- Any professional who sells or presents their business/services
- Anyone with an important workshop or keynote message to clients or investors to build
- Professionals with important internal/staff communication responsibilities
- People who must communicate technical information out to a general audience
- Essentially anyone who wants to build communication that will drive action
What Will You Learn?
- How to find exactly the right content for your message: the action you want them to take, and the insights they must believe to take that action.
- How to simplify your message by stripping out all material that does not absolutely support the argument or which adds additional complexity.
- How to arrange your argument in a logical ‘story arc’ (the logic being the audience’s), and make your sequence come to life with clear transitions.
- How to open your communication with a clear focus on the audience’s problem, and not on yourself (and how to close with a clear, logical call to action).
- How to make it interesting and appealing by engaging both the left and right brain of your audience through stories, images and physical experiences.
- How to guarantee that your audience will later “re-tell” your message to others — even if you’re not there to do it.
What Will You Get Out of It?
On completion of the course, you’ll be equipped to design communication that’s persuasive, compelling, anchored in the audience, and which ultimately changes behavior and drives the action you’re looking for. We have hundreds of testimonies to these powerful results.
Need Continuing Education?
For those professionals for whom it is important, the E-Learning Experience qualifies for 10 hours of Continuing Education credit through the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Please watch this video for more information on how the Oratium E-Learning Experience may help you fulfill your Continuing Education requirements.
How exactly does it work and what will you get?
What are People Saying?
Paul Allen, Allen & Gerritson (Leading US Ad Agency)
Founder & CEO
Having spent my life in the pursuit of extraordinary communication, it’s not surprising that Oratium caught my attention. What did surprise me was seeing their methodology immediately impacting my own communication and as a result, we have trained our entire team in their approach. I believe Oratium represents a genuine breakthrough in...